Tuesday 17 April 2007

I think that it was me, at the Albion ground, with a prize I didn't want..

No offence to people who like football (like Neil), but I don't at all. I don't like most sports. And football is right up there at the top of the list of sports I don't like. Even higher than Rugby. And that's saying a lot.

However, I don't mind quizzes, and when I got the chance to go to one with Neil, I though 'Might as well!' Me and Neil always have a good laugh. It was at the Albion ground, which was ok with me. It's just a quiz. So I go, and it's ok. Few rounds about sport, especially Albion, so I took a backseat in those.

The funny thing is that me and Neil were talking before the quiz about the likelyhood of there being a Guitar Hero song in one of the 3 music rounds. We decided it was none.

Then came the first music round, and what should one of the songs be? You Really Got Me. From Guitar Hero. Me and Neil looked at each other as soon as the song started, and laughed our heads off. What are the chances?

The second interesting thing that happened was that we had a Children's quiz. Me and four other, older, boys won this, and although the prize was only meant for 2 people, they decided to give it to all four of us. I wondered vaguely what it was, not really thinking about where I was.

It was a pass for a football training thing. I can't remember what the man said now. Typical, though. I win something and it's something I hate. I still laughed, though. I probably wouldn't have used whatever they gave me.

In the end I gave it to Neil. Put his name and phone number on the paper. 'Cause he likes football. But it didn't matter in the end. I couldn't be bothered that I didn't get my prize.

We also won an Albion signed football on the raffle. We decided to give it to Neil's mom, the only Albion fan on our table.

Eventful.

On the other hand, I'm getting along well with Melee. Well, reasonably well, for a beginner. I'm actually not very good. But shhh.

Well, it's a warm day. Better go and make the most of it, this being England an' all...

~d~

No comments: