Monday 14 May 2007

The 017713 Project, plus Dvorak

Anyone who has read about the improv group Improv Everywhere will know that they are very clever and funny. I admire what they have done very much.

Before I knew about them, me and my friends at school did this thing - we stood on either side of the archways to the quad, in line, and whenever someone walked past, we would do the wavy arms thing ~;~ and say 'whoooooo' like a ghost. Amazingly funny.

So today, we decided to do another one. Me and a couple of friends that took part in The Ghost, as we call it, planned it: two of us would stand just around the corner of the arch and the other would stand nonchalantly and rub his nose when someone was coming. Our job was to jump out and shout random words, or a stream of gibberish at that person. Again, Amazingly funny. This was called The Sneeze, I think.

We tested out a new one as well, called The Entrance, in which we would stand, one on either side of the arch and one in the middle, and would say 'Welcome to the Quad,' to anyone walking into the quad (we were going to add 'We hope you enjoy your stay,' but couldn't say it fast enough) and to anyone walking the other way - 'Thankyou for visiting!' Needless to say we got some funny looks, but that's all part of the fun!

We decided to give this thing, these games, a name. We decided to name it after a quote from when we were playing a improvisation game - 'Your computer is a malfunction box'. Don't ask. Just don't.

We were going to call it Operation: Malfunction Box, but a) It was too long, and b) It wasn't cool and snappy enough. So I experimentally shortened it to O:MB, decided that this was hard to make a logo for, and played around with a few other things, before finally settling on The 017713 Project, or possibly The 017713 Experiment. The 0 is O:, the 177 was the M and the 13 was the B.

I intend to do a few more, perhaps expand them to be more like Improv Everywhere's stuff. And I might get Tom Forde to help me (his sleepover was great, by the way! We spent the whole time playing games, mostly Bomberman).

On another note, I just found a new card game, called Dvorak. You make your own cards, so naturally, I set about doing a Heroes deck. Stay tuned for more info, 'cause I gotta go now.

\(^.^)/ -=Yatta!=-

~d~

Ps. 2 episodes of Heroes tomorrow - I know they are today in America, but I get them the day after :(

Pps. Also, I passed my grade 3 piano with merit - got this news ages ago, but couldn't be bothered to post about it.

No comments: