Sunday 6 May 2007

Eledees, L.E.D.s, geddit?

Ok, first I'd like to say hat whoever changed the name from Elebits to Eledees is stupid. I prefered Elebits. But that's just me.

Well, I bought Eledees yesterday, it being the only Wii game out that I want until August, and it's pretty good. Let's see...

Graphics: The graphics aren't that bad - they're pretty realistic and you know what object you're holding. I give this a 7.7 - Nothing special but nothing bad.

Sound:
The sound is the same - OK. The Eledees sound cute, the laser sounds like a laser, objects all pretty much sound the same, apart from the odd metal pan or glass bottle. This earns an 7.3 - Again, not very ear-catching.

Music:
The music is quite good, they fit with the levels well and aren't too intrusive on your gameplay. They aren't very memorable, but then again, it doesn't really matter in a game like this. 8.7 - Not bad - nothing to complain about really.

Gameplay:
Ah, this is where it gets interesting! A physics-based game in which you throw objects around? I like the idea, and it certainly comes together well in-game. Moving around the house, and eventually leaving it altogether, you get a good range of settings. Also, certain stages have you trying not to break anything, trying to be quiet, or trying not to break anything in anti-gravity! This is the most interesting aspect, and makes up for the slight dips in the quality of the other categories. The only problem I may have is that if repeating the same objective over and over again, just in different places with higher Watts needed, becomes boring and repetitive, I may never play this game again, and for £40, that would be unforgivable. However, it's still fun at the moment (we'll have to see whether it stays that way) - this gets a respectable, nay, impressive 9.3 - Innovative and fun, if a little repetitive.

Other:
Is it just me or is being able to easily stand a perfume bottle on its top (considering it is much thinner than the body) a problem with game physics? Perhaps a cube when there should have been a bottle shape? And also, the menus on this game are quite hard to use without an extremely steady hand - I have clicked Retry instead of Menu quite a few times!

Overview:
Overall, this is an innovative and fun game all round, although the sound and graphics aren't as impressive as could be - try this game if you can!

Well, that took me ages. Time to get around to practising my Double Bass... *rolls eyes*

~d~

Ps. I'm going for a sleepover at Tom Forde's house next weekend - watch this space for news.

No comments: